Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Principles of Marketing | MKTG.X400
Marketing is the convergence point for issues involving the customer, the competition, and corporate capabilities. It is the constantly evolving field of exchange relationships.
In this course, students explore the fundamental principles of marketing in context of corporate, economic, and societal influences. We take a deep dive into the strategies and best practices in today’s marketing world, focusing on the practical knowledge that managers need to be effective in both product- and service-based industries.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe what marketing and strategy are;
- Conduct market and industry analyses; and
- Apply different strategies to build a customer-driven strategy and mix.
Topics may include:
- The role of marketing in shaping and developing new ideas;
- Factors that affect pricing;
- Channels through which products and services are distributed;
- Elements of wholesaling and retailing; and
- The strategies, mechanisms and techniques behind advertising, direct sales, and other forms of promotion.
We will also analyze the impacts of changing lifestyles and international market forces on American buying patterns, as well as consumer and organizational buying behaviors. Students will get an overview of the world's leading markets and businesses and learn methods and resources for researching and segmenting. Group discussions will include the career opportunities in marketing and marketing management.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 09-14-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 09-21-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 09-28-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 10-12-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 10-19-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|