This course covers operations from a supply chain network perspective, helping students understand key processes and process thinking that manage the flow of products, services, and information.
In Supply Chain Operations Management, you will learn how supply chain partners and functional groups interact with each other as a supply chain network. We’ll cover inventory models, optimization using MS Excel's linear programming add-in, forecasting, aggregate planning, and quality tools. You will also learn the planning activities required to manage operations across the supply chain from the supplier to the customer and end user.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" prior to taking this course.
- Define supply management and its role in an organizational setting
- Establish clear performance objectives and process measures by acknowledging the importance of quality management (QM) and the use of QM tools
- Compare various process technologies applied to production and service operations
- Discriminate between the requirements of push and pull manufacturing processes
- Define the roles of aggregate planning, inventory models, MPS, MRP, ERP and scheduling
- Inventory management
- Optimization using linear programming
- Forecasting methods
- Quality tools for improvement
- Managing processes and capabilities—Six Sigma methodology
- Planning and scheduling
- Managing projects activities
- Risk analysis and managing risk
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 10-26-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Thu, 11-02-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Thu, 11-09-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Thu, 11-16-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Thu, 11-30-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Thu, 12-07-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Thu, 12-14-2023||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|