Cesar Chavez Holiday Notice
We are closed Friday, March 31 and Saturday, April 1, in honor of farmworker activist Cesar Chavez.
Meet the Growing Demand for Python Developers
Python, one of the most widely used programming languages in the open source community, is in high demand by employers in just about every industry. It is especially important for people interested in breaking into data science and machine learning.
Fortunately, the elegance and simplicity of Python makes it one of the easiest languages to master. In this 6.5-unit Python Specialization, you can start as a novice and, in just four to six months of hands-on practice, master the fundamentals.
This specialization includes:
- Python Programming for Beginners. Learn the fundamental principles of programming with Python, a mind-expanding, new way of thinking for novices.
- Python: Object-Oriented Programming. Gain a strong understanding of this most important programming concept, which provides the structure of most Python applications, and the basis of the language itself.
- Python for Programmers. Practice the core facilities of Python, as well as the libraries that are most important to professional programmers, and pick up the tools to create your own libraries.
Once you’ve finished with these three courses, you’ll have a competitive edge for the job market.
More details about our 3-course Python specialization program below. Start with a single course! We suggest: Python Programming for Beginners, followed by Python: Object-Oriented Programming, and on to the more advanced Python for Programmers.
Estimated Cost: $2,400 (You pay only for courses you enroll in.)
Program Requirements: 6.5 units
Minimum Hours of Instruction:
Estimated Duration: 4–6 months
1. Required Course(s): You must successfully complete the three courses below.
2. Completion Review:
Meet Our Instructors
Specialization Inquiry Form
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (such as GreenFig or CLS by Barbri) may have a shorter completion requirement.